Monday, September 26, 2011

EAGLES UP!

Watch Our Eagle!

'
 
'Challenger' is his name (in honor of the lost space shuttle crew) and he is cared for by the non-profit American Eagle Foundation (AEF).

He's a 'human-socialized' bird accidentally raised by the people who rescued him--after being blown from a wild Louisiana nest in a storm, as a baby in the late 1980's. Declared 'non-releasable' by federal and state wildlife authorities, he was trained by the AEF to perform educational free-flight demonstrations at high profile public events.

He's the first Bald Eagle in U.S. history that learned to free-fly into stadiums, arenas, and ballrooms during the singing of the Star-Spangled Banner. This celebrity eagle has appeared at numerous major sporting events like the World Series, Pro-Bowl, All-Star game, BCS National Championship, Fiesta Bowl, Men's Final Four, etc.

This eagle named 'Challenger' has also flown before 4 U.S. Presidents--God Bless America!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Froggy, that choked me up! What a magnificent bird! I do so love this country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm blubbering like crazy now. Glad I'm alone. How could anyone not be affected by such a magnificent creature?

    I, too, so love my country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Israeli friend sent that to me--isn't it nice? She loves America--and lives in L.A., too, like you gals. Batya loves America like she does Israel ;-)

    (She can't stand Obama, though...)

    ReplyDelete