Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It is what it is.

I wrote to Mrs. Cow today...

Among other things, I asked her to use her leadership to make the Connection better, and that she could at least talk to Sissy when she posts--that it was an unkindness not to as Sissy's never done anything to her, and that it would mean a lot to her. She mentioned she didn't take a stand in this mess and then proceeded to chide me for some of the mean comments that I'd made here about folks on the Connection (I  guess she doesn't like the Gertysnipe sign as she hasn't been here enough to see there isn't much else). I replied that I didn't post them at the Connection and that she'd never chided Gerty thusly. I said she may not feel she'd taken a stand, but that she had.

This is the reply I got:

Bullshit.


You have no idea what I say to Gerty in e-mails. I just don’t care to make a giant pratt of myself on the Connection. Sick or not, there is absolutely no excuse to be mean and petty to others which is something you excel at then make the excuse that your medications make you do it. When you stop feeling sorry for your self you may have more friends, until then you’re on your own. Think of me what you will, for 53 years I had no idea you existed, I can go another 53 without you. Yes, Lori, I am a happy married woman with a nice house, a good husband, and an excellent retirement with children and grandchildren who give a shit unlike you. How’s that for petty and cruel? Fuck off.
Tammy

This speaks for itself and I'm going to let this stand and ask that everyone pray for her. I have plenty of friends--I belong to a prayer group, a private political group on Yahoo--we've known each other nearly 10 years! I blog here, and at several more places--and I've spoken with David Horowitz, emailed Bill Whittle and try to keep up with things. Phooey calls me every week--if not every day, Paget sends me things--and I need to send some things out to you folks, too. It's only my various illnesses that prevent me from going out and making friends outside--but I think that'll change.

Otherwise, I don't apologize for who I am in the slightest--and Mrs. Cow has slender grounds upon which to upbraid anyone--I thought she was queen of 'not taking a stand'? This is my house, and I'll say what I want to here.

I am constantly amazed that those who talk about religion the most often seem to practice less of it in their lives than those professing no religion at all. Sissy, who has more or less given up on religion, would've never not spoken to Mrs. Cow on the Klatch--and she certainly would've never written a letter to someone like Mrs. Cow did.

P.S. I have never blamed my medications for what I do, but for those of us educated in such things we know that they can easily lower impulse control, affect one moods, and make one unusually irritable.  They can stand in stead of the good sense you have. That doesn't make what I do 'their' fault--but it's certainly a part of the picture. Just ask Phoo... Mrs. Cow simply doesn't understand this and that's not her fault; until it happens to you, people often don't understand.

Otherwise, what she wrote was just one of the most meanspirited, and childish things I've ever heard. Some people just aren't what you think they are.

When one of my autistic boys would bite me over taking away his dinner plate, I never took it personally. I knew that that young adult was impaired and that he simply didn't know any better. He hadn't learned, had no capacity for understanding personal psychology, he didn't know the rules or care about why were they important--and he certainly had not a particle of an idea about religion and why we should treat people better than that.  He'd just want what he wanted when he wanted it--and he wanted to express himself in a way that brought the most personal satisfaction no matter who it hurt.

That's the file this one goes in--and it doesn't hurt me anymore than the acting out that that boy did... and for the same reasons.

11 comments:

  1. Holy Moly!! I'm gonna have to read this a few more times, but on first reading, that was pretty jaw-dropping!

    Side note: she never struck me as a "Tammy"

    So many times when you were on the Connection, I wanted to tell you to stop apologizing or to stop trying to defend yourself. You owe that to no-one. Asking for someone's friendship and having it rejected in this manner is mind-boggling. Steer clear of her. You don't need this in your life.

    OTOH, thanks for the insight. I'm shocked by her rudeness, but now we know. I must say that I don't know how to pray for someone who tells you to fuck off.

    I have to think about this for awhile. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez! Where did this come from? My Dear Sister doesn't even post on The Connection. What set off Mrs Cow to show such a cruel heart?

    I live with my sister. I know what the medications do to her. And I also know how hard my sister tries to be friends, and how she always tries to give other people a good day.

    She was just sticking up for herself. She tried to make a separate friendly place with the Coffee Klatch where everyone could come and just enjoy each other. It didn't take long for that to get spoiled.

    My sister and I both can't understand how mean and vindictive people can be. My sister has led a good life. She has worked with autistic boys. She has a college degree. She has traveled all over.

    She has always been a happy little cat (or in this case, a happy Froggy). That's what makes The Pond special. Only the best people want to be here. So come by any time day or night, and enjoy yourself, share your thoughts. You always have friends here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Eva--it surprised me to. Sometimes I work too hard to make friends and keep them. People like Mrs. Cow let me know that this is just not worth it and to direct my energies elsewhere. You're absolutely right--I have nothing to keep on apologizing for--people are just taking advatage of it. Off comes the hair shirt! I feel like a terrible weight has been lifted off my shoulders!

    Love you, too dear Eva. I'm sorry to shock everyone so, but I wanted you to know how things really are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Froggy! What an eye-opener!

    Mrs. Cow sure sunk to a new low. She has a cruel, mean streak, and seems proud of it. Don't give her another thought. She is to be pitied.

    We love you and Sissy. You have lots of friends, and you sure don't need her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wog,

    Thank you for the nice comment on the conenction!

    I just checked out the klatch to see what they were up to. It was really boring over there. YAWN...

    I'd much rather hang out with you guys! :)

    Take care, pond friends.:)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm still shocked. Really.

    I'm not some little innocent, but I can't believe she made a point of saying that she was happily married with children and grandchildren (AND a good retirement). Can a grown woman be so petty as to say "Nyah, nyah, my life is better than yours"? How cruel and uncalled for! Paget's right, she must be proud of it.

    I know this is toughest on you, 'Wog. When someone is cruel to one that I love, it's hundreds of times worse than someone being cruel to me.

    I shudder to think what will happen when Phooey finds out about this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Phooey isn't on the board today and doen't see this--he doesn't need the stress...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs. Cow has just written back to me and said she has seen these responses and said 'if you think it matters to me one tiny bit you’re mistaken'. So there you have it. I think we know why she spent a loney childhood and it's as shame. It didn't have to be this way. I hope, as she's going through all the voluminous rituals of the Catholic church that she actually finds God there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Sissy says she doesn't have much reason to post over there again--whatever would be the point? Those aren't Christian people, many of them are not even decent people. The greatest lesson she's learned over at Lucianne.com is that she now understands why people don't get along. What part of Mrs. Cow's letter are we supposed to find common ground with, get along with-- or even like her?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Froggy,

    Tell Wog I'm with her. :) I can't think of any reason to hang out at the connection. When I think of Mrs. Cow and her emails, this bible verse comes to mind:

    Matthew 7:6 - do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

    Mrs. Cow goes for the juggler. Don't waste your time with her. If you get any more emails from her, delete them. That's my advice, for what it's worth.

    Take care. Love you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Paget, she's going to take your advice.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete