Saturday, August 20, 2011

The eternal choice.

The Dilemma

By Froggy

Today, I finally got it about the Jews. My mental disconnect ended and I realized their eternal dilemma. I mean, these people have been beset with various nations and groups trying to assassinate them for centuries. And, now, they are being pushed to the edge of having to guard their own survival (no less because no one else will).

However, they do not want to be genocidal themselves. It's abhorrent to them; they are too moral a people. It's not just a matter of it having been done continually to them.

I finally understand because I am at the point where I am done. My tolerance is gone. I despise the muslims and wish they were removed from the face of the earth--and I am so far gone it is only in some moments that I feel badly about this. I can just imagine how the Israelis feel. Living next door to people who want nothing more than your death, ones who call you apes and pigs. Living down the street from an Iranian madman who says he wants nuclear bombs with which to do it with even more dispatch.

Then, the Jews, thinking of Hitler--and having him forever imprinted on their collective memory and wanting SO badly to never be equated with him--and, yet, having to make sure they endure and that maybe they cannot do that without taking out a large swath. That conundrum is surely the definition of hell: to be genocidal or exterminated yourself.

You see, I've never quite understood why Israel has not done more to defend itself (though I do understand the United States has had a hand in this, wanting 'stability' in the middle east...) Instead, I think this forever-dilemma has more to do with it, sometimes.

Fortunately, Ahmadinejad may make the question moot (and the mullahs, understanding these issues more closely, might be what is making him unchampioned in Iran). He is playing a fools game because, of all the people on earth that would be willing to believe a people are really trying to kill them, it would be the Jews. Ahmadinejad does not understand this; they are quite serious, and one bad move on his part will give them the justification they currently may not feel they have.

They've had it for years.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Wow! A perspective I did not think of, yet after reading your thoughts I think to myself "why, yes that is what it must be!"
    Keep this up you write wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much--it's very kind of you to read my things. I'll have them sandwiched in between articles of note. It takes a bit of time to write them the way I want.

    The survival of Israel is very dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stand with Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poignant truth beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears in my eyes, Froggy. Tears in my eyes. Thank you for your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your beautiful comments; they make me feel so good. I feel better than I have in long awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the excellent article, Froggy. Yes, I join all of you in your stand with Israel. I just can't understand why our country isn't more supportive of them, and then I look at our current administration. It's depressing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paget, what really boggles my mind(if the polls are correct), is that most American Jews vote Democrat. They are Jew by birth but not by faith. Again, Self trumps all. Crying shame.

    ReplyDelete