Monday, August 15, 2011

My prayers for you.

To the Posters at the Connection:

I was mailed the brouhaha over on the Faith wall on Lucianne.com about me--and it was just as I supposed it would be--and by the usual people. People who write cruel things about others just to hurt them, just to dispense harm to them, have problems of their own, obviously un-addressed. People who attempt to 'diagnose' someone else--absent the necessary educational requirements--are only attempting to place themselves in a higher--more righteous plane--in order to feel better about themselves and think themselves  superior.

I don't feel superior to others. I know the things that make me very human; I apologize daily and ask G*d for forgiveness and help. I ask that G*d lay hands of kindness all over my world and change bitterness and partisanship into fellowship and love. I especially ask those who wished to hurt me so badly to ask themselves sincerely if that's the kind of person that they truly want to be. If their words made them feel good about themselves, if they felt joy in what they said and what they did, then I accept that.

I don't want to be like that. I ask that G*d grant you peace and a loving heart. I'll pray for you and I hope, in turn, that one day you'll pray at all--and if not for me, then for someone else--anyone--to whom you can give your understanding.


10 comments:

  1. I just read the most hateful, hurtful comments on Lucianne about Donal...and of all places, on the Faith wall!

    Donal is one of the most kind, giving, loving people there is. I know that Donal is here for us even on the days she doesn't feel well.

    Donal, I want you to know that you have people who love you and support you. And people like me who come by everyday to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chomp. I don't read Lucianne because I well anticipated the very thing you mentioned. It can't be helped with some folks and I understand that.

    The many illnesses I have frequently get the best of me; it really does affect my mood and ability to deal with things--medication changes and all--and the only thing I can do is apologize.

    I forgive them--and hope they have it in their heart to do the same. For some, it is easier to hold a grudge--and I understand the satisfaction that can be had in that.

    I'll pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newschomp, Froggy knows I'm one of those people that absolutely adore her and would never do or say anything that might add anymore pain or suffering to that which she already endures 24/7/365. I do recall in the book of Romans what reward those who engage in gossip might expect. To think that all Froggy did was ask Gram77 to let Jen know that she was praying for Gerry. Donal and I pray for each other every day and tonight it will be with tears in my eyes. Thank you, Newschomp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, Phooey. That's the nicest thing I ever heard. I'll be giving G*d my deepest heart for you tonight in prayer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phooey, you sure have a way with words! Well, I had to go over there and put my 2 cents into the fray, but I did my best to be nice. After all, like Newschomp said, it is the Faith wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more thing, Good night Froggy, Phooey, Newschomp and all!

    It's been a real MONDAY! I worked 9 1/2 hours and the last hour was spent taking a ridiculous required training and quiz about asbestos and other hazards at Hanford. Of course, my job has nothing to do with any of that, but if I ever encounter them, I will be prepared! hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paget, sounds like you had one of those wonderful company training courses! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let's start todya tuesday with some sunshine and good feelings. I know Froggy's House is where to get all of that ...and more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read the comments over there. All I can say Froggy is consider yourself Surfie Smooched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the smooch, Surfie.

    ReplyDelete