Monday, August 15, 2011

Worst. Numbers. Ever.

Obama Approval Drops Below 40% For First Time

By Rick Moran 


  Gallup daily tracking poll has the president below 40% - but only for one threeday rolling average. We'll see how it plays out over the next week and see if that number is confirmed in subsequent pollings. President Obama's summer woes have dragged his approval rating to an all-time low, sinking below 40% for the first time in Gallup's daily tracking poll.

 New data posted Sunday shows that 39% of Americans approve of Obama's job performance, while 54% disapprove. Both are the worst numbers of his presidency. Obama's approval rating has hovered in the 40% range for much of 2011, peaking at 53% in the weeks following the death of Osama Bin Laden. But Americans' view of his job performance continued to tick downward as the debt-ceiling debate heated up. By the time he signed legislation averting a federal default, he was mired in the low-40% range.

 Lately, some of the economic numbers have been ticking slightly upward. And some of that low approval rating is from liberals - many of whom could be expected to hold their nose and vote for Obama anyway. In short, don't expect the president's approval ratings to remain below 40% for long. The low 40's seems to be his base of support as evidenced by where his numbers have been most of this year. That still makes him very beatable in 2012.



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. It's a long time between now and election day. We can't let our guard down. Personally, I'd like Zippy's number to be zip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah--I guess I was being too generous! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What scares me is that 39% still think Zippy is doing a good job and the country is in good shape. I'm surrounded by liberals and progressives.

    My job is to keep educating them even when my family wants to liquid paper me out of the family Bible and friends/neighbors would rather have a root canal than answer my questions to them about their support for Zippy. My work continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree his #'s can't get low enough for me and we can't become complacent either.Love the things you post Froggy I check in 2-3 times a day to see what's up on your radar and read up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surfie do your family and friends really feel that way about you? You're one of the nicest gals I've ever met--I'm just horrified.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Hikergal--it means a lot to me to know you like 'em. I read all day to find interesting things that grab my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family and friends still love me. I don't understand why their friends can pontificate about the wonders of Zippy and my conversation about reality is so socially unacceptable.
    I don't bring up politics, but if someone else does at a gathering, I am not going to be quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you, hon--fighting back is all we've got.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How low can you go? If this president goes any lower, he can be a limbo dancer!

    ReplyDelete