Sunday, October 16, 2011

Atonement, Forgiveness, and God.

Photobucket
 Yom Kippur
 
You gave us Yom Kippur to look inside our souls.
Open me up, God.
 
I don't want to cut myself off anymore.
Unlock my heart.
 
Teach me how to receive Your light.
Let Your light radiate through me.


Let my anxiety give way to assurance.
Let my scattered thoughts give way to focus.

Let my fears give way to faith.
Be with me, God.
*   *   *
Release the tension that binds me.
Free me God. Let me shine.

Let me bless Your world.
Bless You, God, who makes us holy on this holy day.
Photobucket
Nashuva Prayerbook

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I know Yom Kippur has passed--but we do meditate upon it most especially this time of year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful prayer. It blessed me and I am sure that it blessed our Father in heaven. That is what we are supposed to do. Seeking His presence and light blesses Him. Remembering His commandments to keep His holy days blesses Him.
    God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, dear Froggy! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Gloria, what you wrote was lovely--I should put it on the front page!

    Hi Phooberry! How are your treatments going? Praying for you always--I've been reading some of the loviest things!

    ReplyDelete