Friday, October 21, 2011

Dear, Dear Kerry,

Inspired by Alenu:

Thank You, God, Creator of all.
We are humbled before You.
You are our God.

We worship no God but You.
All the gifts around me come from You.
Your presence fills the universe,
And You are as close to me as my
own breath.

Hear me when I call you, God.
Hear the prayers of all who call You.

Nashuva Prayerbook

*     *     *
Today, I ask for special prayers for your heart, Kerry.
I am so sorry you lost your Mom. I know what pain that causes, and how it feels like the final good bye. 

It is not. God has assured us that there IS another realm in which we may walk. I was there once last year, for a few minutes, when I was so sick: I heard the timber of His voice, and felt the sunshine of His touch--and I was, at once, connected to everything in the world--and it felt so good.

That is where your mother is now--and you will be, too; you will be together always. You have blessed God and honored your mother by growing up responsibly, providing her with  a wonderful daughter,  6 lovely grandchildren, a son-in-law--your whole life, your whole heart.

What a beautiful gift! Rejoice in it!
Now, it is the time, the season, to give her back to God ;-)


3 comments:

  1. A Froggy you do my heart s good when I feel so useless and small yu remind me of the incredible love given to me .No one could be so loved and still be small and useless. I may not be large and in charge but I am loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiker, YOU are SOoooo LOVED!!!!!!
    By us and by................ HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hg, I didn't know you were up and running--didn't know you were back home (if that's where you are!) Meant every word I said; you mean an awful lot to us.

    I feel very strongly that God has this well-planned and provided for. When death reached for me, that was precisely when I did NOT feel alone. I didn't feel like I was a part of the world exactly; I felt like I was part of God.

    ReplyDelete